This is the List That Never Ends

The Wenches To Be Read Lists, 2014 Edition


 

2014 is officially underway, so it's time to set our reading goals, and compile our TBRs for the year. Or for as long as it takes to shuffle the order and add new books. In addition to continuations and conclusions of some of our favorite series, there are plenty of wonderful new and new-to-us books that we are hoping to get to this year.

Click through to discover what we're planning to read in 2014.





 
Angela: This year I'm intending to read Discount Armageddon (InCryptid #1) by Seanan McGuire. I've also have two Stephen King novels in mind, Under the Dome and 11/22/63. Last, but not least, I need to read the Jane True series. So all in all, with trying to keep up with the current series I'm reading, it's going to be a busy year.

Care: I've got Rear Entrance Video (Heidi Belleau - that's the one for Riptide in the spring), and the Nicole Peeler series that I keep trying to start, but diverting. New books will be anything to do with gluten free, hopefully Off the Charts: Asynchrony and the Gifted Child (Neville,Christine S; Piechowski, Michael M; Tolan, Stephanie S) as well. Aside from that, I'm looking at a bunch of series continuations, which are going to make me very happy.

Anne: Since I'll have a baby any day now, I probably won't have as much time for reading as I'd like. But, I'm hoping to catch up on the Downside Ghosts series, I still haven't read Terrible's novella. And, my dad recommended a couple of books to me: the Book Thief, that just had a movie come out and The Other by Thomas Tryon.

Merit: My TBR for 2014? My TBR is as high as Mount Everest! This list never ends, because as soon as I read a book, I find two new ones. So here are samples from my list: Tangled by Emma Chase, Avery (The Chronicles of Kaya #1) by Charlotte McConaghy, Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley, The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton, The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch...

Zee: Ok, so most of the things I want to get around to are Wench recommendations! The Dresden Files which Care raved about, Once Bitten, Twice Shy which Vale recommended, The Night Circus which Natalie loved. Other than that, I have had these waiting for me for a long while : The Immortals of Meluha, Rivers of London, The Diamond Throne, and Mistborn! I recently also added The Assassin's Curse and The Shadow Reader to my TBR. Hopefully I'll get around to all of these!

Kathi: Releases are planned for all of my favorite series, so I am scheduling a little time for preparatory rereading and a whole lot of time for savoring the new installments!! But I'm hoping there will also be time for checking out new stuff! I made a bargain with a friend last year to read Wolf Hall if she would read Outlander, so that book and its sequel are waiting for me when I feel like visiting Merry Olde England again. I'd also like to read novels by Sharon Kay Penman and Susanna Kearsley. And I'm hoping to make a dent in a few Wench-recommended PNR/UF series: Downside Ghosts, Penryn & the End of Days, Sabina Kane, The Hollows, Jane True, Kara Gillian, and the All Souls Trilogy. And last but not least, I hope to check out a few of the authors I read in the Dangerous Women anthology, time allowing. And since I'm feeling so ambitious, I'd better get busy right now if I have any hope of making reasonable progress on this list!

Natalie: My TBR for 2014. I'm horribly behind on releases to some of my series from 2013. Example the last one in Chicagoland I've not read. So my hope is all the new CN books from 2013 and 2014. I want to finish the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth. I want to move forward with The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clair. I am very much looking forward to The Book of Life, book 3 in the All Soul's Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. The sixth Charley Davidson book, Sixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda Jones. Possession by JR Ward along with The King by JR Ward. I have Icons by Margaret Stohl, Unbreakable by Kami Garica and the first two books in The Morganville Vampires. (Icons, Unbreakable, and The Morganville Vampire books were all signed when I met the authors). I also have the next in The Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima called The Enchanter Heir (also signed). I want to continue with The Outlander Series as I am only half way through Dragonfly In Amber. After all that, I want to see what I pick up when I get my butt down to NOLA. If that was not a bad enough list I want to try to find time with work to do more reading but maybe just maybe try to tackle the Game of Thrones books that have been waiting on my shelf.

Amanda: I'm not going to set a lofty goal of knocking out a ton of my TBR list. I'm in the middle of A Song of Ice & Fire series, plus I have other series for which I haven't even read the last book released. The only series on my plate to start new is the Night Prowler series by J.T. Geissinger. My mother-in-law bought me the 4th book in the series, and I'd like to read it, but would need to start at the beginning. If I get to any new books or series that aren't continuations, then I'll cross that bridge when I get to it (ie: ask my fellow Wenches and friends to recommend the best book of their lives that they've read in the last year and choose one). And that is my grand plan for TBR 2014!

Donna: I've started reading Dangerous Women, an anthology by some awesome authors including George R.R. Martin and Diana Gabaldon. This collection of short stories crosses many genres, and some of these authors are new to me. I think I'll use this book as the basis of my TBR list for 2014. What better time than the New Year to resolve to discover new authors?

Beta: My TBR list is pretty long like everyone else's but besides all the continuations this year I would like to start the Penryn & the End of Days series and Downside Ghosts which I was going to read last year but never did. I also want to read Dirty Magic by Jaye Wells and Hlustað by Jón Óttar Ólafsson. There are plenty more books I want to read but lets see how well I do with the ones I've mentioned and I'm pretty sure there'll be other books that will worm their way into my reading list and changing my plans like it did last year.

Vale: I know I'm supposed to have a list, but my list has a life of its own. It's constantly changing and twisting. So, because of that I have given up on having a list. I read books from series I'm following (Kate Daniels, Psy-Changeling, Night Huntress, etc.) or I go to the library and peruse the shelves until something (a book) 'speaks' to me. In conclusin, I've decided to wing it, I always end up reading something new.

Barb: I'm hoping/planning to attend the RT Convention in New Orleans this May--because authors in NOLA, yo! So my TBR of new titles includes some of the authors who will be there, who I haven't read yet. I'm starting with the authors who belong to The League of Reluctant Adults, because I already adore a few of them, so the rest must be awesome, too, right? The Whiskey Rebellion by Liliana Hart is a free Nook book right now, so I've dowloaded it. I'm also hoping to try Parts & Wreck by Mark Henry because it looks hilarious. And, I want to get to something by Richelle Mead, since she was on my TBR last year, and I didn't get to her, plus my sister, niece, and Chloe Neill all love Vampire Academy, so it must be fantastic.  I'm also looking forward to getting in on the ground floor with Jaye Wells's Prospero's War series, when Dirty Magic releases in a few weeks. I loved her Sabina Kane so much that I'm excited to take a brand new journey with her!

 

That's our TBR for 2014. What's on your list, Saucy Reader? Share your plan in the comments below!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)